Thursday 8 August 2013

My Personal TOP 10 Songs in Video Games


I remember the first time I picked up a my old Nintendo GameBoy and played alongside my father for the first time Tetris, and saying to my dad: 'What is that silly song?'. To which my father replied  That my dear son is a song, that reflects the players choices in the game and sets the mode for the entirety of the level, and as harder the levels get the faster it will go.'  So it's pretty safe to say that ever since that silly song called - Korobeiniki.

So with out further ado, I humbly submit to you dear readers my Top 10, songs in videogames.


#10 Final Fantasy IV- Main Battle Theme Song

It's sad to say, but I haven't bought a Final Fantasy game since FF8, and even till this day, however I still remember how impressive this song actually is. When I heard that song for the first time, it got me pumped up for every battle. Needless to say it did everything right by delivering me a rapid game experience that still lingers in the back of my head like it was yesterday.

#09 Mega Man 2 - Metal Man's Theme Song  

Out of all the Mega Man games this particular one is the one I obsessed the most over, and of course the main Theme song would be one of my favorites, but in reality, you can't really go wrong with Mega Man songs, because all of them are excellent, it's just my personal preference. 

#08 Far Cry 3 - Papper Planes

Have you ever been hit by an invisible bag of bricks? Well I sure as hell did when this song started blasting on max volume out of my speakers at 2AM in the morning. Never in a million years had I ever believed this song would be reinvigorated in such an amazing way, until the first 10-15 min of Far Cry 3. So I guess thank you Ubisoft for reminding me of all the horrible memories I had on the summer when this song was on every radio station at least 5 times a day before lunch.


#07 Mass Effect 2 - The Illusive Man Intro Song

Sure he is voiced by Martin Sheen, and runs an intergalactic mercenary group called Cerberus, but like all villains in games this guy has got a badass soundtrack to welcome you in this mysterious group. For years this song was my ringtone and I really give credit to EA's compositors purely for giving me shivers down my spine every time this song started.


#06 Allan Wake - War - By Poets of the Fall

Even tough I have posted a lot of Playstation reviews on this blog, I did own an X-box 360 and did play this game to an enormous extent. The fact that one of my favorite bands had created songs for this game still haunt me, and even till this day when I shuffle my playlist and this song starts I immediately get transported to my memories of the game. So GG Microsoft for doing something right, i guess...

#05 Borderlands - Ain't No Rest For The Wicked - By Cage The Elephant

This game will always hold a special place in my heart, is it because I had hours of endless fun blasting psycho's feet off with a shotgun? (Maybe), Is it because I loved facing badass bosses with three of my best friends ? (Possibly) Or is it because of that very strong introduction in which we are presented to each character while this song is rolling? (That was the sweet cherry on top of the massive Epic Cake that is known as Borderlands)

#04 Red Dead Redemption - Bury me not a lone prairie - By William Elliott Whitmore

Sure this is a never version of an old cowboy ballad, and mister Whitmore is one of the many artist that have created a cover for it. (other famous artist include: Moe Bandy, Burl Ives, Tex Ritter and heck even Johnny Cash) The perfect timing for this song alongside the strong storyline that Red Dead Redemption had makes this song be on it's well deserved place. You don't believe me? Play the game and I guarantee you will understand, afterwards.   

# 03 Assassins Creed Brotherhood European Trailer - Burn My Shadow - By UnkleIf you by any chance have missed playing the best Assassins Creed game to date (yes even after AC3 came out,I stand by this decision, there I said it) then I humbly recommend you watch the trailer, it will get you pumped for sure. The games story and the lyrics of this song have some sort of synergy that simply works, just like a well placed counter in the game, will inevitably save your ass, when you are in a bind.


#02 Devil May Cry 3 - Devils Never Cry 
I still remember you old friend (Yes i'm referring to the old generation of Capcom). This song made Devil May Cry, one of my most beloved games to date. and when the collectors edition with all of the DMC 3 soundtrack came out, guess who was first in line to buy it. (yes, your's truly) So thank you old Capcom for your amazing ways in the realm of musical instruments, electronic guitars and perfectly song lyrics. 


#01 Borderlands 2 Intro - Ain't No Place for a Hero! - By The Heavy

Here we are yet again, with the second instalment of this franchise and I can't help but notice that Gearbox, did it again. I was just as surprised as you guys when I heard this song but I got to admit, I freaking loved every second of that intro and it got me pumped up and ready to play, hell it even does today a year after the game came out world wide. I like where Gearbox is going with this franchise and hope to see much more crazy wackiness in Borderlands 3 including another badass song.





So there you have it folks. my oficial top 10 songs in gaming. Some of them are old as hell, some are newer but one thing is for sure, these are the most memorable songs that will stick with me for now. There are a ton of honorable mentions that I need to give, but that is an argument for another time. Hope you guys enjoyed the read and hope to hear your honest opinions. If you would like to submit some of your favorite songs in video games please list them in the comment section bellow so that I can read them. Thank you and to all a good night.


P.S: While doing the research for the songs I have compiled enough information for another article on the subject so if you want, I will work on it and release it as soon as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment